West End Core Values
The leadership at the West End Business Association, with your help and input, has put forth the following core values for our West End community. We are the business and thought leaders in our neighborhood and we want to elevate the standards in all of our businesses.
The West End Business Association includes local business owners and their employees in a collaboration with West End residents to preserve and promote the unique character of our neighborhood.
There are eight core values that underscore all of the work we do together:
- Local Community: We believe in the preservation, promotion, and elevation of the special community that is the West End of Portsmouth, New Hampshire. All of our work serves to build a robust and accessible community for all. We exist to promote and support local businesses and the interests of West End residents. By strengthening our local neighborhood, we support the sustained success of our City and the greater Seacoast.
- Equality: The West End Business Association believes that all members of our community should be treated with respect and equality regardless of age, race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, country of origin, or ability. It is our role to work diligently to remove barriers of entry for underrepresented populations.
- Ethics: We recognize, as business leaders, that it is our role to perpetually investigate and improve our ethics in the workplace and our actions in the community and continually strive to evolve to promote a more just and ethical standard.
- Courtesy: We believe in treating all community members with respect and courtesy in all of our interactions from interpersonal, to written communication, and participation in social media.
- Growth: We are committed to continued growth, not just in our businesses and our fields, but as individuals and to seek out opportunities to become more effective participants in our community and the best versions of ourselves.
- Safe Work Environments: We believe everyone deserves to work in an environment that is safe, supportive and free from physical danger, environmental hazards, aggression, sexual harassment, intimidation, and coercion. Each of our businesses have a zero tolerance policy for sexual abuse and harassment, racism, and bigotry.
- Accountability: We believe the only way to continue to evolve as a culture is through self-reflection and taking accountability for our actions, intended or otherwise. We are committed to admitting our mistakes and taking steps to move forward and elevate our community.
- Communication: We believe in clear, respectful, and honest communication and work hard in all of our interactions to embody that value.