West End Business Association Monthly Meeting 6/12/2017
Present: Sara Curry, Bikram Yoga, Dan Umbro, Fishnet Media, Johnathan Blakeslee, White Heron Tea, Jacob Scanlon, Signature Title, Melissa Lockhart, Herold Family Dentistry, Isabella and Erin Hayes, Ricci Lumber, Joanne Burchuk, Lighthouse Physical Therapy, Kristen Thornton, Great Rhythm Brewing, Stephanie Cofrin, all-plus-one, Karina Quintans, Right on Mission, LLC/Islington Creek Neighborhood Association, Robin Albert, Discover Portsmouth, Abby Peel, Sylvan Learning, Susan LaBrie, Portsmouth 400, John Benford, John Benford Photography, Charlotte Hubbard, Sanford Institute for Savings, Dawn Saari, Dawn Saari Counseling, Tanya Hart, Oomph Salon, Steve Bowles, Visuluxe, Connie Freirmuth, Pontine Theater.
- PORTSMOUTH 400: Portsmouth is the fourth city in the United States to turn 400 in 2023. Portsmouth 400 is a collaboration between the Portsmouth Historical Society and the City of Portsmouth. Portsmouth 400 strives to celebrate the quality of life in Portsmouth that we’ve built over the last 400 years. Join them for the first public input meeting tonight at the Portsmouth Library at 6:30 pm.
The second listening session is June 26th @ 6:30 pm at the Portsmouth Public Library.
- WESTIVAL: The date for WESTIVAL 2018 is Saturday, September 29th from 11-3 pm at the Malthouse Exchange. Our theme for the year is West End Carnival. As you’re starting to plan how your business can participate let’s get carni on it! We’re thinking dunk tank, speed pitch, and more!
- We currently have Ohana Kitchen, Street’za, and Mojo’s signed on for food vendors at the event. If you’d like to vend at the event, please contact Erin Hayes for more information.
- This is a great opportunity for you to showcase your business and meet tons of West End residents and tourists. All West End businesses are eligible to participate. Reach out to Westival Coordinator Erin Hayes to share your ideas before July 1st.
- Nancy, we’d love to have the City there again to talk shop if people are available.
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Annual Dinner “Street Life” will be held in the West End this summer on August 2nd.
- ISLINGTON CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENT PLAN: Questions about the upcoming street and utility improvements? View the plan here.
- SOCIAL MEDIA CONTRIBUTIONS: If you have information or events you’d like to have posted on our Facebook and Instagram accounts, please be sure to send them to our social media coordinators. Devon Boyd of Elemental Energy runs the Facebook page and Krystyna Dudkaof Red Post Realty runs our Instagram.
To clarify, promo requests should not be sent to me. This email list is for WEBA events and minutes only. I cannot promote your business, non-profit, or events.