Present: Sara Curry, Bikram Yoga, Dan Umbro, Fishnet Media, Johnathan Blakeslee, White Heron Tea, Jacob Scanlon and Monique Shevlin, Signature Title, Melissa Lockhart, Herold Family Dentistry, Erin Hayes, Ricci Lumber, Kristen Thornton, Great Rhythm Brewing, Robin Albert, Discover Portsmouth, Abby Peel, Sylvan Learning, Charlotte Hubbard, Sanford Institute for Savings, Dawn Saari, Dawn Saari Counseling, Sean MacDonald, Rocket Fuel Only Screen Printing, Caytlynn Jacobs-Brett, Kate Harris and Keith Tharp, Kate and Keith Photography/Sustainable Seacoast, Mark Willis, New Hampshire Theatre Project, Jeanne Russell, Portsmouth Center for Yoga and the Arts/Music Together, Krystyna Dudka, Red Post Realty, Patrick Patterson, Cornerstone Artisanal Pizza, Wes Tator eXp Realty/Citizen’s Climate Lobby, Kathy Dutch, Greengard Center for Autism, Tom Bath, Loaded Question, Valerie Rochon, Chamber Collaborative, Leo Gagnon, Keller Williams Coastal Realty/Portsmouth Rotary/SOS, No Kid Hungry Co-Chair, Karin Meader, I like that!
- PORTSMOUTH 400: Portsmouth is the fourth city in the United States to turn 400 in 2023. Portsmouth 400 is a collaboration between the Portsmouth Historical Society and the City of Portsmouth. Portsmouth 400 strives to celebrate the quality of life in Portsmouth that we’ve built over the last 400 years. The next community input session is coming up in September. Share your input here. Keep this on your radar!
- WESTIVAL: The date for WESTIVAL 2018 is Saturday, September 29th from 11-3 pm at the Malthouse Exchange. Our theme for the year is West End Carnival. As you’re starting to plan how your business can participate let’s get carni on it! We’re thinking dunk tank, speed pitch, and more!
- We are cranking on food vendors. If your West End eatery would like to get in on the fun and sell some grub, please contact Erin Hayes for more information.
- We have two bands so there will be live, local music for four hours.
- This is a great opportunity for you to showcase your business, meet tons of West End residents and tourists and spread the message about what your business has to offer.
- PORTSMOUTH ROTARY: The Portsmouth Rotary is interested in linking it’s annual 5K road race with the Westival. The race will kick off at 10 am.
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Annual Dinner “Street Life: For the Love of Portsmouth” will be held in the West End this summer on August 2nd. Held in the PMAC parking lot, the event will host all West End restaurants and breweries with special arts and music surprises. Check it out!
- SAVE THE DATE! September 12th in the late afternoon/evening, the tenants of the newly refurbished Frank Jones 1884 are hosting an open house. If you want to check out the new space of Cornerstone Pizza, Signature Title, and Oomph Salon, head on over!
- ISLINGTON CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENT PLAN: Wondering about the new crosswalk at Albany Street? Questions about the upcoming street and utility improvements? It’s all part of a grand plan. View the plan here.
- SOCIAL MEDIA CONTRIBUTIONS: If you have information or events you’d like to have posted on our Facebook and Instagram accounts, please be sure to send them to our social media coordinators. Devon Boyd of Elemental Energy runs the Facebook page and Krystyna Dudka of Red Post Realty runs our Instagram.
To clarify, promo requests should not be sent to me. This email list is for WEBA events and minutes only. I cannot promote your business, non-profit, or events.