West End Business Association Monthly Meeting 3/20/2017
Present: Sara Curry, Bikram Yoga, Dan Umbro, Fishnet Media, Johnathan Blakeslee, White Heron Tea, Monique Shevlin, Signature Escrow and Title, Campbell Lozuaway-McComsey, STREET, Jacob Scanlon, Signature Title, Katherine Plouffe, Gateway Taiji, Melissa Lockhart, Herold Family Dentistry, Ed and Erin Hayes, Ricci Lumber, Amy Greenlaw, Portsmouth Music and Arts Center, Jason Bouchet, Portsmouth Community Radio, Mallory Parkington, Mallory Parkington Photography, Janet MacCausland and Steve Bowles, Vizuluxe, Krystyna Dudka, Red Post Realty, Doug Pinciaro, Play All Day Doggie Daycare, Kate Harris and Keith Tharp, Kate and Keith Photography and Sustainable Seacoast, Eric Eby, Traffic Engineer: City of Portsmouth, Doug Roberts, City Council, Joanne Burchuk, Lighthouse Physical Therapy, Karen Bendeck, I like that!, Jeanne Russell, Portsmouth Center for Yoga and the Arts/Music Together, Amy Baker, Sweetpea, Nancy Carmer, Economic Development Coordinator: City of Portsmouth, Wes Tator, eXp Realty/Climate Lobby, Steve Mailhot, Dogland, Ned Raynold, City Council/Resident, Mike Theil, Hideaways International, Kristen Thornton, Great Rhythm Brewing.
- street.life! WITH THE CHAMBER: The Portsmouth Chamber is preparing for their annual street.life!event this summer. This outdoor, tented event will happen in the lot in front of PMAC and will feature local musicians and artists as well as drinks and dining.
- The Chamber is interested in featuring A Taste of the West End as the food for the event, rather than catering from an out-of-town company. The idea would be to contract several of the West End’s great restaurants to feature food stations with their best snacks. If you’d like to partner with the Chamber on this project, please contact Ben van Camp.
- ZAGSTER EVENT TONIGHT: The City is hosting an event in conjunction withZagster tonight at STREET’za from 5-7 pm with FREE FOOD AND DRINKS to share information about the bike-share program and promote extending a station to the West End. Want a station on our end of town? Know someone who wants to sponsor? Show up and share your ideas!
- WEST END WALK-THRU: Brittany Verville has offered to take us on a walk-through of the new mill apartments in the West End after today’s meeting.
- LUNCH AND LEARN FRIDAY: This Friday, join City Attorney Bob Sullivan to “Lunch and Learn” opportunity from 12-2 pm at 30 Maplewood Avenue. Ask questions and grow your knowledge. Email Wes Tator for more information.
- SOCIAL MEDIA CONTRIBUTIONS: If you have information or events you’d like to have posted on our Facebook and Instagram accounts, please be sure to send them to our social media coordinators. Devon Boyd of Elemental Energy runs the Facebook page and Krystyna Dudka of Red Post Realty has taken over our Instagram page.
To clarify, promo requests should not be sent to me. This email list is for WEBA events and minutes only. I cannot promote your business, non-profit, or events.
If you have community and non-profit events you’d like to share on the radio, don’t forget to contact WSCA